The book sells for $24.00 including tax, handling and shipping.
See order instructions below.
Chain of Error and the Mecklenburg Declarations of Independence by V. V. McNitt, republished by the MHA with a new introduction and Brief Sketches of the signers added. This is a closely reasoned and thorough description of the two declarations of May 20 and May 31, 1775 which were the earliest declarations of independence from Great Britain in the American colonies.
The book sells for $28.50, including tax, handling and shipping. See order instructions below.
Your Affectionate Daughter, Isabella, by Ann Williams, published by Bright Mountain Books, Asheville, NC. This is the story of Isabella Torrance, preserved through letters and other records now held in the Rare Book and Manuscript Collection of the J. Murrey Atkins Library at UNCC.
The story is written from the points of view of those who lived it and told in the language they spoke. It tells the story of growing up on a wealthy antebellum plantation in Mecklenburg County and at the Salem Female Boarding School; of pioneering in primitive conditions on the Mississippi frontier; and of Isabella’s return to Mecklenburg as a young widow with a small child.
The book sells for $21.50, including tax, handling and shipping. See order instructions below.
To order any of these books, please send your check and mailing address to:
The Mecklenburg Historical Association
PO Box 35032
Charlotte, NC 28235
They Married Confederate Officers, written by Kathy Herran, a descendant of John Morrison, was published and released in early April 1998 by Warren Publishing of Davidson, North Carolina. The publication begins with the birth of its central character, Mary Anna Morrison, in 1831 and follows the saga of this famous North Carolina family through the nineteenth century.
The story emphases the six daughters of Dr. Robert Hall Morrison; Isabella Morrison Hill (CSA Lt. General D. H. Hill); Harriet Morrison Irwin (James Irwin, purchasing agent for the Confederate government); Anna Morrison Jackson (CSA Lt. General Thomas “Stonewall” Jackson); Eugenia Erixene Morrison (Brigadier General Rufus Barringer); Susan Morrison Avery (Major Alphonso Avery); and Laura Morrison Brown (Colonel John E. Brown).
To order They Married Confederate Officers, please visit http://www.kathyherran.com
Genealogy and Historical Research Publications
The Olde Mecklenburg Genealogical Society makes available a number of publications related to genealogy and historical research. To order any of these, go to the OMGS web site at http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~ncomgs
Available publications include:
- The OMGS Quarterly magazine publishes articles by OMGS members and others that include research procedures, cemetery records, deeds, wills, Bible records, family and church histories, marriages and deaths, etc. Free with membership to OMGS. Back issues available for purchase.
- General Order Book, 1862-1863, 11th “Bethel” Regiment, North Carolina Troops
Transcribed By Ellen V. Poteet
- Dr. J. B. Alexander’s Medical Ledger & Account Book 1855-1871
Transcribed by Ellen V. Poteet
- Real Estate & Legal Notices from Charlotte, NC, Newspapers, 1848-1862
Compiled by Glenn M. Cook, Edited By Ellen Poteet
- Real Estate & Legal Notices From Charlotte, NC, Newspapers, 1835-1847
Compiled by Glenn M. Cook
- Mecklenburg County, North Carolina Cemeteries
Volumes 1-4, Compiled by Mel and Pinny Cook
- Mecklenburg County, North Carolina Cemeteries
Volume 5, Elmwood Cemetery, Ellen Poteet, Editor
- 1800 Census, Mecklenburg County, NC
- 1850 Census, Mecklenburg County, NC
- Index To 1850 Mecklenburg County, NC
- Cabarrus Revolutionary Patriot Roll
By Cabarrus Genealogy Society
- My Hometown Pineville
By Joe Howard Griffin, Sr.
- The Presbyterian Gathering At Clear Creek
By Russell Martin Kerr
- The Spirit of A Proud People. Pictures and Stories of Highland Park Manufacturing Mill #3 and the People in the Village of North Charlotte
By Lois Moore Yandle
- They Married Confederate Officers: The Intimate Story of Anna Morrison, Wife of Stonewall Jackson, and Her Five Sisters
By Kathy N. Herran
- The Following Books are Transcribed by Herman Ferguson
- Mecklenburg County, North Carolina – A Petition, 1792; Tax Lists 1797, 1798, 1799, 1806, 1807, 1808, 1810, 1811, 1815, 1823, & 1824
- Genealogical Deed Abstracts – Mecklenburg County, North Carolina Books 10-14
- Mecklenburg County, North Carolina Will Abstracts, 1791 – 1868, Books A-J & Tax Lists, 1797, 1798, 1799, 1806 & 1807
- Mecklenburg County, NC Minutes Of The Court Of Common Pleas & Quarter Sessions, 1774 – 1780
- Mecklenburg County, NC Minutes Of The Court Of Common Pleas & Quarter Sessions, , 1780 – 1868,
- Mecklenburg & Cabarrus Counties, NC Decedents For Whom Loose Estate Papers Are Extant
- Mecklenburg County, North Carolina Estate Records ~ Volume I Aaron-Ayres